About - Mitch Lawrie
- Post-Graduate degree qualified career/life counsellor with over 12 years experience (Masters of Education in Career Guidance from QUT).
- Trained in clinical hypnotherapy and strategic psychotherapy with Clinical Psychologist, Dr Michael Yapko, one of the world's leading experts in these fields.
- Professional Member of the Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (ASCH) and the Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA).
- Currently completing studies in Positive Psychology.,, the science of human wellbeing & performance.
- Successfully provided career development services to numerous individuals and client organisations, such as the University of Queensland, TAFE, Brisbane City Council, Energex and Queensland Rail.
- Educator with over 20 years' experience in development & delivery of personal, career, & team performance programs.
- Additional post-graduate level studies in psychology, philosophy, HR, and personal futuring (Future Studies at USC)
- Two years training and experience as a Lifeline volunteer counsellor.
- Professional training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Dr Russ Harris, Ego State Therapy with Dr Gordon Emmerson, Resilience Facilitation with the Resilience Institute, and Group Facilitation with the Men's Health and Wellbeing Association.
Mitch finds it increases his effectiveness when he synthesizes insights from different fields. As Maslow once suggested, if you only have a hammer you tend to think everything is a nail. Instead, by bringing to bear a variety of perspectives, it is possible to see situations more “stereoscopically” rather than just being “one-eyed”. Mitch has undertaken studies in the following fields:
Mitch also provides his services through:
- Mindful Therapy Psychology Services
- EastCoast Human Resource Group
- Bravo Consulting Group.
Mitch's skills are based on the firm foundation of extensive life experience including employment within the business, community and government sectors in Queensland.
He grew up on the Sunshine Coast and for ten years worked in the USA, Eastern Europe, Russia, Turkey, Korea and throughout South East Asia in a variety of demanding positions including leading international services projects in five countries.
Mitch has taken on numerous performance challenges requiring a "flow" mindset including kitesurfing and surfing large waves, speaking to large audiences, working with clients, as well as numerous exams and job interviews.
More recently, he has been experiencing the challenges of raising a daughter with a significant intellectual disability.